It is very important that you choose the right glasses for you. If not, then everyone who looks at you is going to notice the poor fitting glasses before they notice anything else about you. That is the curse of glasses: they are the first thing that individuals see when they look at your face. If they look bad, they?re going to be noticed. If they look good, they’re going to be noticed. Either way, they are going to be noticed. There is no hiding behind a black curtain in this case.
The best way to find the right glasses for you is to use your facial features. You must accentuate good features and calm down bad features. It is amazing how the right pair of glasses can make you look entirely different. It is kind of like a face lift without actually having surgery.
The only way your new glasses are going to work is if you abide by what your facial features are telling you. Here are the different facial types and what style of glasses are the best for those types:
– The round face: The jaw bone and brow lines are softer with a round face. This means that the length and the width of the face are about the same. The idea is to find glasses that will make the face look thinner and not so short. The glasses that you want if you have this face type is a pair that is wide and narrow. This means the rectangular style of glasses will be best. If the glasses have a brow bar, the glasses will give the appearance of the eye being pulled upward.
– The long face: This is when the face has more length than width, so you know you don’t want a rectangular frame. Individuals with long faces also tend to have long noses, so there is a desire to shorten that up as well. Glasses with horizontal lines that are strong with a sort of triangular shape to them may work, as well as glasses that are round and less narrow. For the long nose, having a low bridge will help with that.
– The oval face: The oval face is the perfect face shape and is the easiest to choose eyeglasses for. This means that, if you have an oval face, you can choose any type of glasses you want.
– The heart shape face: The jaw line is small, but the forehead is wide. The idea is to minimize the width of the face with an oval pair of glasses. This equalizes the width between your forehead and your jaw line. Rectangular and rimless are also options with this face type.
– The rectangular face: This face already has a strong square shape, so it is ideal to stick with circular frames to make the strong square features a bit softer. The nose is also a bit long, so the circular frames will shorten it up a bit.
– The square face: The angles for the brow lines and the jaw are quite strong. The face is long as it is wide, so the idea is to make the face seem thinner and to reduce those strong angles. That means the ideal pair of glasses is oval frames that are narrow. That will soften up all of those strong angles and make your face look softer.
If you are still not sure of your face shape, ask your optometrist or someone trained in the field so that they can tell you. That way you can pick the perfect pair of eye glasses and look great!
Author: Amy NuttThis author has published 71 articles so far.