Author: By Damon Wake, Press Association
The triumph for the 24-year-old Indian, who plays the love interest in Danny
Boyle’s rags-to-riches tale, comes hot on the heels of the film’s seven
Hollywood hellraiser Mickey Rourke also added to his Bafta success by picking
up the best actor gong for his big-screen comeback in The Wrestler.
In the TV categories, Alexa Chung was crowned best star and Gavin And Stacey
Following the success of their album Only By The Night, the Kings of Leon
accepted their award for best music via Video link.
Lara Bohinc’s “unique use of perspex, leather and metal shells” earned her the
Jewellery Designer title.
The glamorous awards ceremony was held last night at London’s Big Sky venue.
* Best Actress – Freida Pinto
* Best Actor – Mickey Rourke
* Best Music – Kings of Leon
* Best TV Series – Gavin & Stacey
* Best TV Star – Alexa Chung
* ELLE Style Icon – Sienna Miller
* Best Model – Rosie Huntington-Whitley
* Woman of the Year – Courtney Love
* H&M Style Visionary – Viktor & Rolf
* British Designer -Christopher Kane
* Fashion Future Award – Erdem
* Jewellery Designer – Lara Bohnic
* Outstanding Contribution – Stephen Jones
* New Designer – Peter Pilotto
* Accessory Designer – Rupert Sanderson
View full article here
Author: Ezine Article BoardThis author has published 5774 articles so far.