Faulty TV caused flats fire that killed six

Author: By Chris Greenwood, Press Association

An inquiry was launched after a huge blaze swept through Lakanal House in
Camberwell, south London, on July 3.

Police said a television which was at least 10 years old caught fire after
being left plugged in on the ninth floor.

The inquiry involved officers from the Metropolitan Police, London Fire
Brigade and the Forensic Science Service.

Detective Inspector Rick Murphy said: “Initial results have found that the
cause of the fire was an electrical fault originating in a portable TV set
that was at least 10 years old.

“The make and model of the television set have not been confirmed so we will
not speculate. It was in a room on the ninth floor.”

Mr Murphy said London Fire Brigade advises people to make sure all televisions
are unplugged at the socket when not in use.

He added: “Our thoughts and sympathies are with the families of those who died
in the fire. The investigation continues into how the fire spread.”

View full article here


VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Ezine Article Board

Author:

This author has published 5773 articles so far.

Comments are closed