Man burned after ‘falling over in bonfire’

Author: By Matthew Cooper, Press Association

West Midlands Ambulance Service said the 18-year-old victim was treated for
burns to his face, back, arms, hands and legs after being injured at
Trentham Rugby Club in Hanford, Stoke-on-Trent.

An ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, an incident support officer and a
doctor attended the incident shortly after 8.30pm last night.

An ambulance service spokeswoman said: “It is reported that the teenager had
ran through the bonfire before tripping over in the middle.

“The 18-year-old was given pain relief at the scene before being conveyed to
University Hospital of North Staffordshire for further assessment and
treatment.”

Staffordshire Police said it was consulting with the Health and Safety
Executive following the incident.

Detective Inspector Dave Giles said: “There is no evidence that anyone else
was involved or physically caused him to enter the fire.”

View full article here


VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Ezine Article Board

Author:

This author has published 5774 articles so far.

Comments are closed