For an ecommerce design the first criteria is to identify the market, the competition and the business goals. Accordingly the website can be developed. E-Commerce web design is much more than just putting the company brochure on the net or adding an internet shopping cart to the existing product catalog. You will find many sites on the web that can help with ecommerce and have great web design information.
When choosing to start designing a ecommerce web site the specific goals have to be identified, determine how best to meet the goals depending on the budget and then find which software to use and services to commission to design the web site.
A business web site can:
– You will Generate more leads for your business. One can pre-sell one’s buiness services and products to generate telephone; email or online form leads from customers.
– Generate sales quotes. Solicit or generate automated quotes that will generate a customer sale or lead.
– Generate advertising revenue. One should display online content and free services.
– Generate customer traffic. This can be done through search engines and business directories to pre-sell products. Traffic is then redirected to the main web site or product web pages.
– Provide a store front with an ecommerce shopping cart. A catalog that is fully automated with customer purchases and communications processes.
A website may be like a traditional store. But there are more considerations with ecommerce web site design than with a traditional store. The eCommerce website design has to be customer friendly and present a professional image, have a good sales copy and should make it easy for the customer to make the desired response. It should be search engine friendly. Most customers go through search engines like Google, yahoo, MSN, so the strategy should be to generate search engine traffic. For that a search engine optimization expertise is needed.
There are tends of thousands of web site tools like shopping carts, content management systems, payment processors, online bulletin boards and advertising management tools. Some are cheap, others are expensive. The cost of the project is a very important consideration for any e-Commerce web site design solution. It is possible to purchase web site tools and services by subscription. There is no need to make long term commitments with subscription software or services.
There are a few website design options. You can do it by yourself with web design software like Microsoft FrontPage or outsource the entire web site development to a web design company. If you want to design by yourself then you can buy website templates, web design software and do it or you can buy web solution services. You can also consult a consultant. As with any other business, this also has risks. You have to clearly know your objectives, have enough business knowledge to evaluate web service suppliers and business tools and maintain a positive cash flow.
Author: Steve MThis author has published 1 articles so far.