There are many ways you can save money on fuel especially for those who are riding motorcycles. This is because you need less fuel than cars. However, money is still money and everyone no matter owns a car or a motorcycle needs to know the ways to save money on fuel.
These are a few ways you can follow that will help you save some money.
1. Avoid needless trips using your motorcycle. This is very obvious as less trips means less fuel consumption thus less expenses.
2. Write down changes of your motorcycle mileage. This is to make sure that your motorcycle is not using too much fuel than it is supposed to be. When there is a change it might indicates that you need to service your motorcycle at the workshop or there is something damaged.
3. Try to avoid traffic jams while traveling to work as there might be more chances to waste fuel especially during the peak hours. If possible, get to work earlier to avoid the traffic jams. You never know how long you will be stuck in the jam.
4. Maintain an up-to-date service log of your motorcycle. This is to avoid excessive use of fuel.
5. Switch off your motorcycle’s engine when you get stuck in traffic jams. This is a good way to save more money on fuel but a very bad idea when it comes to your safety so practice this if you think you can pull it off without endangering yourself.
6. Impure oil can possible increase fuel consumption. So, the only way to overcome this is to get a high quality oil.
7. Clean your motorcycle just like cleaning a car. You get rid the dust and make sure that it shines.
8. Make sure the tire is properly inflated. This is important as tires play a major role in saving fuel. Too much or less air have major effects on the performance.
9. Plan your trips so that you’re required to make fewer stops. This is especially when you need to make a few stops around your neighbourhood.
10. Just like any other vehicles, don’t let your motorcycle to idle for a long time. Idling eats away the fuel.
Author: Patrick G. MooreThis author has published 5 articles so far.