Face it, we would all love to lose weight and improve our appearances. It’s just human nature, really. And since we have little time nowadays, who wouldn’t want to shed those pounds and look better as soon as possible? Well, the method to do so is both simple and quick! You can rest assured that this is no tricky supplement for losing weight. It is also not a fancy workout gizmo nor a diet strategy which has so far been kept as a top secret. It’s actually very straightforward and seemingly obvious, yet it works like a charm.
You’ve probably already been told time and time again that you should be drinking plenty of water each day, but do you actually realize just how beneficial water consumption is to your bottom line fat burning results, muscle building progress and overall appearance? You could very well be hindering the progress of a healthy regimen for your body if you are not making a point of drinking plenty of water, at least 64 ounces, on a daily basis. I will lay out the points so that you can see them clearly.
1) Your performance as well as your strength are both hightened by an intake of water when working at the gym. Research has shown that being even slightly dehydrated can decrease strength and physical performance significantly. In fact, merely a 3-4% drop in your body’s water levels will lead to a 10-20% decrease in muscle contractions. Having high energy and strength levels is vital to achieve optimum results during intense weight and cardio training sessions.
2) Injuries can be prevented with water. The joints in your body and the connective tissues can be unduly stressed if you do hard weight training or cardio for a long period of time. One of the ways that water fights this stress is by lubricating the joints and providing a type of cushion around the joints.
3) Drinking water will aid in your body’s digestion of food. Water is needed for the break down of large macronutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates and fats into smaller usable components. You should drink in lot of water to ensure that all the nutrients from the food you eat are fully and propererly utilized by your body.
4) Water can help your body burn fat. The liver has a number of jobs, but one of its most important tasks is to metabolize fat. However, another one of the liver’s duties is to assist the kidneys, whose main function is to flush out waste products through the urine. You need to drink the correct amound of water each day to eliminate the stress on your kidneys and liver.
If you take less water your liver has to divert its attention to help kidneys instead of burning fat. Consequently, your body fat burning rate will slow down.
5) Increased water consumption decreases water retention. If you have a reduced intake of water, the body reacts by hoarding more water as an instinctive survival mechanism. All of that water will end up in the places you want it least: your face, arms, stomach, butt, thighs, and everywhere else you can think of. You can actually force your body to slim down slightly in just a matter of days by increasing your water intake. Since your body will now be provided with a constant external source of water, it will no longer have any incentive to store excessive amounts.
Remember, if you feel thirsty, your body is already dehydrated. You should never gauge your water intake based on how thirsty you feel. In fact, if you’re consuming the proper amount of water that your body needs to function optimally, you should virtually never feel thirsty throughout a regular day.
Author: Ricardo d ArgenceThis author has published 19 articles so far.