Mother nature, in her wisdom, has given us hundreds of natural cures for various illnesses. Garlic is the foremost amongst them. Garlic’s medicinal and beneficial qualities have been known to us for hundreds of years. It is only now that its full potential, as a natural remedy for a wide range of conditions, is becoming realized.
What Is Garlic And Where Does It Grow?
Garlic can be easily grown in your back garden even if you have only limited space. though it prefers a free draining soil, it does not require much looking after. It is an ideal companion plant for roses as it keeps some times of pests at bay.
Garlic is used in cooking food in almost all nations. It is a plant (Allium Sativum) which has a strong bitter flavor. We have been employing garlic for cooking as well as for medicinal reasons from time immemorial. Garlic contains an ingredient called Allicin, which is the key medicinal ingredient. Research has conclusively proven that the Allicin in garlic has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-oxidant and anti-fungal properties. This wide range of benefits makes it unique among natural remedies.
Benefits of Garlic:
* It can decrease high ldl cholesterol levels in blood.
* It helps in removing parasites from the system.
* Garlic eases respiratory problems such as wheezing.
* It aids digestion.
* It helps keep up energy levels.
* It can be used to control blood sugar.
* Garlic helps boost the immune system of the body.
* It has anti-carcinogenic attributes and decreases the risk of esophageal, stomach and colon cancer.
research have proven that to get the maximum wellness benefits from garlic, it is best to take dried or powdered garlic tablets. getting garlic in its cooked form or as pickles is also helpful.
Uses of Garlic:
Garlic is used to treat a host of ailments. because it is a natural remedy it does not have the harmful side effects of allopathic medications.
Garlic is commonly used to treat the following conditions:
* Allergies – given that it is known to have anti-viral components it helps our bodies to combat against allergies.
* Coughing – its anti-bacterial property makes it a safe and effective treatment for persistant coughs and irritations of the throat. It is known to lower the symptoms of upper respiratory tract infections.
* Diabetes – Garlic can help the body to control blood sugar by stimulating the body to release more insulin.
* High BP – After a few weeks of using garlic, studies have shown that in a individual with high BP, the BP drops to normal levels. It is as effective as prescription drugs.
* Toothaches – Garlic has anti-bacterial, analgesic and anesthetizing qualities. This makes it ideal to combat a toothache. Just crush a piece of garlic and apply to the impacted tooth, for instant aid.
Does Garlic Have Any Side Effects? :
The biggest perceived side effect is bad inhale. There are odorless garlic health supplements offered in the market. If eaten in large quantities, it can cause ‘heartburn’ in some people. The solution lies in reducing the intake or using an antacid or milk. because Garlic has anti-coagulating components, those who are using anticoagulant drugs, such as aspirin, ought to exercising caution and seek the advice of a Doctor before hand.
In Garlic, nature has given us a most valuable gift. Its wide use in culinary and medicinal purposes, has made it a household name in all elements of the world.
Author: Carole AshThis author has published 1 articles so far.