How To Get Rid of Cold Sores – Strong Cold Sore Medicine

by Denny Bodoh

How to get rid of cold sores? In a couple minutes you will know how to get rid of cold sores, fever blisters and oral herpes using medically sound and well proven home remedies.

Once you know how to get rid of cold sores you will have big relief when you need it most. You have probably seen some wild claims for cold sore cures. They try to convince you they have the bottled answer as to how to get rid of cold sores.

You buy it, try it and end up trashing it.

If you truly want to know how to get rid of cold sores, then it is best you first are aware of what creates a cold sore. Then these cold sore remedies will make much more sense to you.

The main cause of a cold sore – or fever blisters or oral herpes – is the herpes simplex virus, type 1 or type 2. Both types cause the exact same sores.

Most people carry the herpes simplex virus from childhood on. It is very contagious. Once it enters your body, it is with you for life. When latent, it resides deep in the nerve roots and is not detectable.

Under normal conditions, the herpes simplex virus is dormant. It causes no problems while it remains in this state. About 34% of those infected will not see one cold sore. The other 66% will get reoccurring blisters.

When stress occurs in your life, your immunity becomes depressed. The herpes virus scurries along the nerve fiber, using it as a highway to the surface. There it will take control of millions of cells and turn them into virus factories.

The cells enlarge as they become stuffed with new virus particles. Then they explode. A hoard of new virus gushes out. All the exploded cells combine to form the oral herpes cold sore ulcer.

Healing now requires the creation of millions of new cells to replace those that were lost in the replication process.

Your metabolism level will determine how fast the cold sore will heal. Also needed are certain building materials such as vitamins, minerals and proteins.

The main purpose of this article is to learn how to get rid of cold sores that you are currently enduring. But, you will soon see how to actually prevent future oral herpes cold sore events before they happen.

1. YOUR FIRST WARNING OF A COLD SORE

Your first alert of a cold sore is a burning, tingling sensation. Treat it early and you can put off the cold sore from appearing. This means you may not have to endure the irritating repair process.

Apply cold as soon as possible. Ice is available anywhere and usually free. The sooner you apply ice, the better the chance of stopping the cold sore cold.

2. PROPER COLD SORE CLEANSING MEANS QUICK HEALING

Our body knows full well how to get rid of cold sores and protect itself. You will notice the sore constantly weeps a thick fluid to remove virus particles and cleanse the sore.

Now you can really help and speed up this process.

Continually cleansing the cold sore with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide will remove much of the virus. You will also reduce the chance of spreading the sore to another spot – or person.

3. QUICK REPAIR OF YOUR COLD SORE WOUND

Ice is a great way to reduce pain and swelling at the beginning, but using it now will slow down healing. At this point, you want to use warm, moist heat. This will greatly speed up the repair of your cold sore ulcer.

I would suggest you use warm tea bags. Besides being convenient, tea contains phytonutrients that fights viruses and helps in the repair process. Throw each tea bag away after use.

You must heat up the bags in water for best performance. The microwave weakens the healing nutrients in tea. Use a minimum of 15 minutes on the sore per session. The longer you apply heat, the quicker the results.

If you want to know how to get rid of cold sores, I believe these methods give you a strong foundation. Keep searching and trying new things. By doing so, you will discover the best ways how to get rid of cold sores in your life.

About the Author:
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)

Tags:

Author:

This author has published 4 articles so far.

Comments are closed