In Sanskrit, chakra means a spinning wheel or vortex. There is another meaning to chakra, which indicates the seven chakras of the human body that relate to the seven gland systems of the body. These chakras are centers of spinning energy with the first one on the base of the spine and the seventh one at the crown.
As the chakra is a center of spinning energy and something that moves, it causes vibrations. These vibrations cause sound and this is the reason why there is vibration in different parts of the body through chakra sounds of varying frequencies.
There are not only seven independent chakra sounds for the seven chakras but also seven colors associated with the different chakras. These colors also vibrate at different frequencies where both the chakra sound and color helps in the restoration of balance in the chakras. This in turn helps in the restoring of health.
It is easy to turn to sound healing, with the help of chakra sounds. You only need your voice to feel better, calmer and clearer in a matter of minutes. These chakra sounds should be said softly and gently for not longer than five minutes.
1. The first chakra sound is UH, the deepest sound possible. This chakra sound has to be done with eyes closed and with attention on the spine base chakra, the base chakra. When chanting the chakra sound, you have to be aware of the sound resonance found in the chakra location and not from the throat. This chakra sound is associated with the color red and has to be chanted for one or two minutes, and not longer than five minutes.
2. The second chakra sound comes from the second chakra found about three inches below the naval. The chant for this chakra sound is OOO which can be complimented with the color orange. Eyes have to be closed for one to two minutes when chanting to realize the balancing of this chakra with other chakras.
3. OH is the third chakra sound that has to come from the navel chakra located in the navel area. Yellow is the complimenting color and the chakra sound should start softly and gently, but with a higher tone than the last sound.
4. AH is the sound people cry out when in love, and is also the chakra sound for the heart chakra. This chakra is located in the middle of the chest, and is related to love. It is associated with the color green and has to be started with a soft and gentle sound that has a higher pitch than the previous chakra sound.
5. The chakra sound for the throat chakra is EYE which is complemented by the color blue and is to be chanted at a higher pitch than previous sounds.
6. In between the forehead and slightly above the two eyes is the chakra sound belonging to the third eye. This chakra sound is AYE and is complimented with indigo color. This chakra sound starts with a soft and gentle tone which is however of a higher pitch than the previous sounds.
7. The crown chakra, found at the top of the head, demands the highest sound you can make. This chakra sound is EEE and is complemented with purple and starts by making the highest EEE sound possible. Like other chakra sounds, this chakra sound also starts soft and gentle.
You have to close your eyes when chanting all the chakra sounds while concentrating on different chakras. When you focus on the different chakras, you find chakra sounds projecting from the respective chakras. And with the resonance of the sound chakras, each chakra starts balancing and aligning with other chakras.
It is better if you relax or meditate after this exercise as you may feel light headed. This should be done so that you can realize the benefits of the chakra sounds better.
Author: Nisal KaruiyaratnaThis author has published 1 articles so far.