As a website or blog owner, you may realize that, on the web, content is king (or queen). You must have content to publish on your website, even more content for your ezine, articles to create free reports or even an ebook that you plan to sell. Plus, you need articles in order to do article marketing. Geesh. That’s a lot of content! I’m sure you have better things to do than be tied to your computer all day and night, writing yourself into a frenzy. I know I do. Luckily, I have some ideas to help you save time and money to get it.
But, before we begin, here are a few reasons why content is important.
First, search engines, like Google.com love content. They value information more than anything so the more pages you have on your website or blog filled with quality articles, the better. Note: Quality content is valued. Junk content is penalized. So, stick to quality over quantity.
Second, your readers are looking for quality content. When they land on your website and find it, they’ll stick around. Not only that, but they are much more likely to tell their friends, recommend your website on forums, and digg it. You’ll have a fan for life.
Third, providing quality content establishes you as an expert in whatever your chosen field is. The more value you provide to readers, the more they begin to look at you as their information source. You’ll start receiving requests for interview and joint ventures as your arsenal of information grows. You’re reading my article right now, right? Hopefully you’ll remember me as an expert in content.
So, how do you get content for your site? Basically, when looking for content, you have a few options.
1. Write the it yourself. While this is a noble option, and I do write much of my own content, there are options below that will give you a bit of a break, while growing your business faster than ever. Yes, write your own articles if you can, but also incorporate some of the options below to see the biggest benefits.
2. Get a Great Ghostwriter. A ghostwriter is a freelancer who writes for you but you take the credit. There are many sites on the web where you can find writers. Start by searching google.com, or go to sites like elance.com or shelancers.com to look around. Most biographies are written by ghostwriters. Almost every politician on the planet uses a speech writer. When time is short, get a ghostwriter to give your project a quick boost.
3. Partner up. Go through your list of online buddies and ask a few to become guest columnists for your website or blog. They’ll benefit by getting the free advertising from your readers, and you’ll benefit by receiving additional UNIQUE content on your site.
4. Visit the Article Directories. Check out the popular article directories like ezinearticles.com and freeaffiliatearticles.com for a plethora of articles written by known experts. These articles are available to marketers like you to reprint for free on your site. All you have to do is include the “author bio” which is the blurb at the end with a live link back to their website. As long as you do that, you may use as many of those articles as you’d like.
5. Buy PLR content. PLR stands for Private Label Rights and it is content that you can edit freely, add your name to it, and publish it on your website or in your ezine without having to link back to anyone. The only thing with PLR is that you have to be careful to find a reputable PLR site that is offering quality content that has been professionally written and edited. If the content is sold in limited quantities, even better. Beware of fly-by-night PLR site. Try to find one that has been around for awhile and has an owner who stands by it. PLR content is affordable and flexible — two things that a busy internet marketer need for their business.
Well, that’s a quick intro to getting content for your site. I hope it gives you some ideas to help you build a booming online business. My wish for you is to work smarter, not harder — and watch your online business grow!
Author: Nicole DeanThis author has published 1 articles so far.