Most people, when starting out their business online, need to drive traffic to their websites – traffic means visitors to the site and, as long as the website has been shown to convert those visitors to sales, the more traffic you can generate, the more sales you will enjoy.
It obviously all depends on your budget and the time you have available to work on building your online business – there are many ways to driving traffic to a website – but here are just a few ideas of some of the most powerful, low cost ways to generate traffic to your website.
1. Write and publish your own newsletter. Offer free tips and content on a regular basis in the form of a newsletter. This will encourage people to keep coming back to your website and will encourage them to tell others about what you offer, and in doing so increases the traffic of visitors to your website. Your newsletter will have links to your website, so many people who will read your newsletter will also visit your website.
2. Free reports and content given away. People love good quality information for free so offer people some freebies and include your website URL in those freebies is an effective and low cost way of building traffic to your website. You can write some useful short reports on your chosen subject of interest, and have your website link in them. Offer those reports for free on a website where you ask visitors to leave their email address before they download the free reports or articles. This means you can give away the report with your URL and also build a list which you can later market further products to.
3. Produce your own Blog. ‘Blogging’ is a very effective way of building traffic to your website. Write articles (posts) on your blog about your website’s products and services, and add some links to your website. You can also answer any questions your prospects and customers may have. By blogging regularly, you will have fresh content that will get your website indexed by search engines and rank high on these search engines. This in turn increases traffic to your website.
4. Exchange links with high popularity (Page Rank – PR) ranked websites. Find websites that are related to what you offer on your website and exchange links with these sites.If the websites have high popularity rank on search engines, this can be particularly effective. When you do this, traffic will come to your website through the websites you are linked to. The higher ranked a website is, the harder it can be to get a link, but when you do, the more impressive is the number of visitors your website receives from the website you have linked with.
5. Create a forum. Think about starting a forum that relates to the products or services you sell on your website. Having a forum on your niche with you as the author who started it will establish you as an authority in your topic. By answering questions and helping people in your niche on your own forum, you drive traffic to your website since you will have your website URL in your signature in the forum posts.
There are loads of ways to get traffic to your website for minimal cost – these are just some of the low cost ways you can use start driving traffic to your website …and more traffic means more visitors to your website, and more visitors to your website means more sales and profits for your online business.
Author: Steve MitchellThis author has published 14 articles so far.