Cash for Clunkers Ending. Yes, U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said on Thursday that the Cash for Clunkers program will be over on Monday. What’s the main reason why it will end on Monday? It’s two words: clunky bureaucracy. Car dealers are finding it difficult to get the money the US government has allocated. It can be remembered that in the first two weeks of the program, the $1 billion allocation was immediately depleted.
Here’s what U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said in a news release:
“This program has been a lifeline to the automobile industry, jump-starting a major sector of the economy and putting people back to work. At the same time, we’ve been able to take old, polluting cars off the road and help consumers purchase fuel efficient vehicles.”
Author: Ezine Article BoardThis author has published 5773 articles so far.