Whether you’re an avid boater, love to yacht, or simply enjoy the marina atmosphere – if you’re in the market for a marina resort vacation, you’ll want to know about the top destinations in North America. Find out where the most elegant, luxurious and extraordinary waterfront resorts and fractional ownership opportunities are – from Canada to Mexico. Read below to find out about the most popular marina resorts, based on location, amenities, value and service.
1. The Westin Key West Resort & Marina This popular Key West marina destination offers luxury, comfort and style – all backed by the Westin name. The remarkable, low-rise resort is fashioned in the time-honored Victorian style that is so distinctive to Key West.
2. Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki This amazing Oceanfront Twin Tower Hotel is located on Ala Wai Yacht Harbor at the entrance to Waikiki. Not only does this resort have a marina, it is also the only Waikiki resort to boast a 27 hole championship golf course designed by Arnold Palmer.
3. The Ritz Carlton, Marina del Rey This high-class California marina resort features a traditional European ambience with fine, exquisite furnishings and Juliet balconies. The resort is set on five splendid acres along the water’s edge overlooking the marina.
4. The Nonantum Resort, Kennebunkport (Maine) This classy Maine marina resort features the Victorian Charm of Maine’s yesteryear with contemporary amenities. The resort offers recreational activities such as scenic Lobster Boat and Sailboat and Sport Fishing tours plus Kayak rentals from the marina.
5. Montauk Yacht Club Resort Hotel and Marina Named one of the Top Ten Marina Destinations in North America, Mexico, Bahamas and the Caribbean by Yachting Magazine, the Montauk Yacht Club Resort Hotel and Marina is the Hamptons’ premier marina resort. The resort’s landmark lighthouse complements its contemporary Cape Cod design.
6. Harbor View Hotel & Resort, Martha’s Vineyard The delightful Martha’s Vineyard Hotel dates back to 1891, and evokes the ultimate in elegance by blending Victorian ambience and charm with all of today’s modern comforts. The Harbor View Hotel and Resort overlooks the scenic Edgartown Harbor on Martha’s Vineyard.
7. Three Buoys Resort & Marina, Sicamous (B.C.) This upscale B.C. marina resort is located directly on the beautiful waterfront in Sicamous. Situated on the waterway that flows between the vast, crystal clear waters of Mara and Shuswap Lakes in B.C., the resort features luxuriously appointed suites and a myriad of high-end amenities.
8. Brentwood Bay Lodge & Spa, Victoria (B.C.) Victoria’s luxury marina resort is a contemporary west coast lodge reflecting the refinement of countless details. Some of the finer niceties that make this a top resort are its Fine Art Gallery, Essence of Life spa and Marina Eco-Adventure Center.
9. Puerto Isla Mujeres Resort & Yacht Club, Cancun Puerto Isla Mujeres boasts a luxury boutique hotel with gardens that inspire tranquility and relaxation. This marina resort is known as the Mexican Caribbean’s most uniquely protected and equipped harbor.
10. Marina Fiesta Resort, Cabo San Lucas This popular Mexican marina resort leaves nothing to be desired. With its exotic Mediterranean design and tropical ambience, marina resort guests will enjoy the best of comfort, elegance and relaxation.
Marina Resort Vacations
Whether you’re looking for a serene backdrop for a tranquil getaway, to buy fractional ownership property, or an action-packed recreational experience, a marina resort vacation has something to offer every vacationer. No matter which of these top marina resorts you plan on visiting, make sure to call early and book far in advance to avoid not being able to secure accommodations.
Author: Amy NuttThis author has published 71 articles so far.